Saturday, April 13, 2013

I Was a Vision in Another Eye

Today is Saturday. Today is a work day. Those two sentences never go together properly in my mind. Still, every other week, there I am :) At least I have Saturday Scavenger Shots to console me.

Today's word is WING. I chose it because I thought it would lend itself well to Spring. Or maybe I just chose it because I was hungry for chicken. Who can say? Anyway, here are a couple of WING photos I took with my very own phone. You're welcome.

This is a cute little slap bracelet featuring a dragonfly with shiny WINGs. We must have over-ordered those at some point, because I feel like we've been giving them away for ages. The kids always love them though...such a cute WINGed creature to adorn their tiny wrists.
 
Here is my inspirational butterfly WING. I might have shown you this before. This WING features my favorite section of Max Ehremann's "Desiderata" and I have it at my desk. I find the sentiment very soothing and calming. Here is a link to the full text, if you are not familiar with it...or even if you are and just want to enjoy it again.
 
And now we travel on, into the remainder of the weekend, carried by a WING and a happy thought for peace and beauty and fun and relaxation. We want it all!
 
Now for the tag...I guess it goes, in it's circular fashion, to Jasen. And a new adventure is created :) 

6 comments:

FW said...

I can imagine my kids loving those butterfly bracelets at that age too. It's a marvellous age of wonder, must be a privilege to work with them.

Secret Agent Woman said...

I remember learning the Desiderate in school about a million years ago (along with Kiplings, "If"). The verse you've got on the card is one worth re-reading and re-reading.

AlienCG said...

Very fine representatives of WINGS. The bracelet is cute, but it's not really my style. I have read "Desiderata" a long time ago and recall liking it then. Now that I read it again, I still do enjoy it.

I have picked. Everyone gather 'round and listen as I tell you the word that I have chosen. Hear me now as I declare that the word for the Saturday next is CAKE.

laura b. said...

FW: It really is so easy to please them and I do consider it a privilege :)

Secret: I really do look at it each day and find it quite a comfort. And I always thought If was very nice too!

Jasen: Oh, I don't know. You could totally pull off the bracelet :)
Thanks for that fine, upstanding, delicious word! I must now find CAKE!

Tara said...

"...and remember what peace there may be in silence."

Love it!

I love the dragonfly/slap bracelet! They go together well! I look forward to seeing some dragonflys during the warmer seasons.

laura b. said...

Tara: Yes, isn't that lovely?
I can't wait for some more warmth. It keeps vanishing here...but I know it's coming!