Saturday, April 27, 2013

I Live to Make You Call My Name

Hello. I like to PUNCTUATE a simple greeting like that with a period. If I said - Hello! I'd just seem over eager :) I was pretty stuck on the word PUNCTUATE for this week, as chosen by Tara @ Eclectic Spaghetti.  I kept thinking of these sentences, like - Their lively conversation was PUNCTUATEd by bursts of laughter and the occasional gasp.  I can think of sentences all day long, yo. But my visuals are not up there.

So, this is what you are getting for PUNCTUATE.
This is a picture of a page from a book about punctuation.  As I am a terribly lazy writer I tend to fall back on the ellipsis quite a lot. I don't even really use it properly, but it makes me feel like I am writing the way I speak...with plenty of pauses...lots of hesitation as I formulate my thoughts. That is just how I PUNCTUATE, brothers and sisters. That is just how I do.

I'm anxious to see how my cohorts in Saturday Scavenger Shots have handled this word. Also watching to see who Tara tags next. Period, stop, stop, stop.

9 comments:

Tara said...

I'm glad you could find an example of "punctuate", because I'm stuck on the word I picked. I'll come up with something tomorrow and will tag someone too.

Secret Agent Woman said...

I'm a fan of colons and parentheses myself.

Anonymous said...

I too overuse the ellipse...it is a space filler...a mood maker...

:)

AlienCG said...

Excellent choice...I am preparing to do my post very soon. I...think...I...am going to...review my weekend.

laura b. said...

Tara: I love a challenge (dot dot dot) at least one like this :) Looking forward to seeing what you an come up with!

Secret: Parentheses can indeed come in very handy. As for the colon, I think if I ever write a book, the title will definitely include a colon :)

Annie: A fellow ellipses fan! We could have a club...The Ellipsticks...and code names...Dot and Dot Dot. You in?

Jasen: Great post! !!! And your comment lets me know that you have been closely studying my writing style. haha!

FW said...

I didn't know the three dots had a proper name!

laura b. said...

FW: Thank goodness they do, or I'd feel even worse about using them so often :)

Tara said...

Tag, Laura, you are IT!

laura b. said...

Tara: The word is CLASSIC :)