Saturday, September 22, 2012

And I Feel My Finger On Your Trigger

HAPPINESS. What a great word and a beautiful thought. All thanks to Tara @ Eclectic Spaghetti for making this week's Saturday Scavenger Shots so pleasurable.  Please share my HAPPINESS.

Music = HAPPINESS. I love all kinds of music. And I love brick and mortar record shops like this one near my house. I could spend all day and be perfectly content browsing and chatting with the clerk about which bands were the shit back when KROQ was meaningful :)

My kids are at the heart of my HAPPINESS, always. Some of that HAPPINESS comes from the special little things I enjoy with each one of them. As illustrated here, Handsome Lad, my youngest, and I like to go out for Thai food together every so often. It is our little thing. We also share that love of music and even have some similar appreciations.  My oldest, Kick Back Dude and I have a good relationship and I think we both find it very easy to talk about almost anything together. My daughter Girlie Girl and I have our shows, the occasional manicure that she'll perform for me, and the bond of two women who lived in a house of men. My middle child Social Animal and I have our talks too. He is a very deep thinker and I feel energized and excited by discussions with him.  My second oldest Secret Agent Man and I have a less evident bond...but it is old and deep. He was very possessive of me when he was a very little boy. He's always felt so close to my heart. As a young man, he has become very independent, but I feel sure of our love. Plus, he has a "Mom" tattoo :) So much HAPPINESS. I am very fortunate.

Here is my DR. I believe I caught him mid rico suave face here :) I feel so much HAPPINESS that he is in my life. When I think of the series of circumstances that brought us together I sometimes want to gasp in amazement. He calls it Absolute Fortuitous Happenstance. I call it my good luck. Things aren't always easy, but I do think at the heart, the HAPPINESS and love is very deep. 

So, this is my HAPPINESS post! Thanks for stopping in to look. It was a so pleasing to greedily count my piles of treasure. I wish each of you all the HAPPINESS in the world.


5 comments:

FW said...

Such a nice little dedication to each of your loved ones LB! I'm so glad you find your happiness with them.

Anonymous said...

I love how you have a unique way of bonding with each of your children. It's very special, and you definitely are lucky to have such great kids (and DR of course!)

Tara said...

Tag, you're it! :)

Mmm, Thai food...The idea of eating that stuff makes me so hungry. I must visit my favorite restaurant soon and have some bubble tea and beef macadamia.

Secret Agent Woman said...

I'm a huge believer in blessing-counting - lovely review of the things that bring happiness to your life.

laura b. said...

FW: Thank you. It is nice to take inventory once in awhile.

Silver: Since there are five of them and only one of me, I've made an honest effort to really form individual relationships that stand apart from anything else in our lives. It's awesome :)

Tara: Thanks for the tag!
Thai food is soooo good. I love sweet, milky Thai tea...but not the kind with boba. It's a texture thing I guess.

Secret: I am too, although there are times I forget. This word was a great reminder of how much I have to be happy about.