Thursday, January 4, 2007

What's New?

Not too, too much, but I do have a little mental housekeeping to do...so bear with me please. Got through Christmas and New Years all in one piece. Christmas was what I would call successful. Everyone seemed happy with their gifts much to my relief. We had our big family gathering on Christmas eve, with just the immediate family on Christmas day, and everyone managed to get along and play nice.
It was pretty relaxing having some time off work the week between Xmas and New Years. I really didn't do anything constructive. Sleeping in and spending time with the kids was the order of the day. Very nice. Of course the older kids were on the move constantly, even Girlie Girl, but Handsome Lad was my constant companion. I was ashamed to realize how exhausting that was! Sometimes I feel like my stay-at-home mom days were a whole 'nother life! In a way, of course, they were.
Anyway, New Years Eve passed uneventfully. Kick Back Dude and his family came over and just watched TV with Girlie Girl and me. Handsome Lad hung out in the netherworld with WTG. Secret Agent Man and Social Animal were, naturally, out and about. Amateurs. The actual midnight hour arrived with us watching poor dear Dick Clark counting down clumsily as that big ball dropped in Times Square. Then, it was 2007.
Now, here I am, back at work. I won't have another long weekend even until President's Day in February...which is really not so far away, so I'm not complaining.
I wish everyone a 2007 full of what you want and need to make you happy. I am going to be totally boring and predicatable and say that I am continuing to live in the hope that this is the year I find true love or something very like it. Does that make me sound pathetic? Ah, well...I suppose this is as good a place as any to wax pathetic.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just glad to hear the holidays were relaxing....that is what it is all about, I think. Mine were too, what little I saw of them. The weeks before both days at work were pure hell, but I do expect this.

laura b. said...

Yes, thanks, I am all about the relaxing. Is this your busy season? Sometimes mine seems year round, but in reality it is the months of June and July.

Anonymous said...

The busy, "year end", season starts Thanksgiving week and continues until about the time of Valentines Day.

June and July are the slowest two months in payroll usually. No one really does much different in the summer time.

laura b. said...

So no joint vacations for us, I guess. haha! When I get very old and retire, I am going to spend the month of July prone somewhere.