Tuesday, January 9, 2007

It is a Beautiful Day and I'm In HERE

I can't believe it is January. It is so warm and pretty outside. I came in at noon today, top down, wanting to just keep driving. I know coldness is coming soon, but not today. Makes me wish there were some sort of outdoor work to be done at the library. Maybe I could offer to wash the Director's car. I would totally do it on a day like today :-)
I don't have anything too interesting to share today. How unusual! haha! I can update you on my reading and stuff like that I s'pose. I have actually had really good reading luck lately. My last three have been complete winners. First, I read one I had originally picked up for Kick Back Dude. When he didn't get to it quick enough I called 'me first'. That one was JPod. It had some of Coupland's over-the-topiness, but it made me laugh the way it captured the creative ways that people think of to waste time in the office. Next, I read a book that I had meant to get to, but it was always checked out, and then I forgot. Anyway, it turned up on the shelf, so I got a chance to read the very sweet, touching The Year of Pleasures. Now, I am near the end of Running with Scissors, another one long on my list. It seems the library copy is gone for good, so Kick Back Dude ended up buying a copy and after reading it passed it on. I'm so glad that at least one other person in my family is a pleasure reader!
I recommend all three of these books enthusiastically. Oh, and if you need something pretty to listen to please try Rabbit Fur Coat by Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

nothing can equal something, you wrote, therefore something....wish I could have opened the sunroof today, but would have gotten snow and road brine on me...

Tara said...

My mom and I trade books sometimes. She's a very fast reader and I'm not, and can zoom through a new book in less than a day. Then she comes too close to telling me all about it. We usually like the same kind of thing, and we both love James Patterson ("Kiss the Girls", "Along Came A Spider", "Cat n Mouse", etc.).

laura b. said...

Evil-E: There is something so zen about something from nothing :-) This morning (Wed.) it was way too chilly to go topless...

Tara: Oh, I like James Patterson too! He is a very prolific writer. Do you like John Grisham? I forgot that I have also just read The Broker, which was really good.

minijonb said...

JPod is sitting in my to-be-read pile of books. I'll buy anything Coupland writes, it just takes me a while to get to them soemtimes.

minijonb said...

soemtimes = sometimes... damn typos!

laura b. said...

You'll love it MiniJonB. Post something after you read it, okay?