Thursday, February 16, 2006

Has My Brain Gone Missing?

This rarely happens, but I find myself completely unable to finish the last book I took out, The Reasons I Won't Be Coming. I just could not get into it. I actually felt like I was reading...babble, more or less. Was it just me? I know the book has been well reviewed. I don't know. At any rate, I have decided to set it aside and am just doing some 'work' reading. I like to occasionally pick up a Children's book and see what the kids are reading. So, I am enjoying Flipped. Very cute and I can understand what is going on :-) That shouldn't take me long to read, so my next book is ready to go. I'm going to try The Accidental. It has won the Man Booker and the Whitbread awards...it looks like something I might like...and if I can't read it I may have to do some serious thinking about the state of my brain!

No comments: