Thursday, February 23, 2006

Good Day to Drive, Miss Daisy!

Today I had to drive into Burbank for a Children's Librarians Share Fair. Coming together to pool our ideas for programming, basically. Anyway, those meetings are usually pretty fun, because you get to meet new people who tend to like the same things you do and you get to see other people that you don't get to see to often...like my old boss and other people I've worked with. The drive in was rather bad with a great deal of traffic. When the meeting ended at noon, though, and I drove back here, there was almost no traffic and the weather was absolutely gorgeous. I put my top down, my radio up, and cruised on in feeling great! I have to admit I love my new car. Aaahhh.
In other news, I have been listening to some new cds courtesy of Milly. She gave me the latest from Belle & Sebastian, Tracy Chapman, and Sufjan Stevens. They are all really, really cool. I am especially into Belle & Sebastian's The Life Pursuit. Every single track is a keeper, but my favorites are 4 and 9 :-)
I am almost finished reading Persepolis.I had been wanting to read it for quite some time, but finally picked it up when Milly lent me a donation copy that came across her desk. I'm loving it and can't wait to read the sequels.
Do you sense how empty my life would be without the Milly influence? haha! Best Bear ever!

No comments: