Monday, September 26, 2005

Now, a Proper Post

Okay, maybe not proper, but longer? More dishy. Okay, maybe not dishy. I gots no dish today.
Over the weekend I did get out to the movies. I went out to my favorite small theater in Pasadena and saw Thumbsucker I enjoyed the performances very much. I always like Tilda Swinton. Vincent D'Ononfrio was good. Keanu Reeves found a perfect role, as did Vince Vaughn. Kinda uncool cool soundtrack.
I also found myself between books, so I pulled out the book that I had just pimped to an acquaintance as being a favorite of mine.Still Life With Woodpecker This is a book that I read when it first came out when I was about 17 or 18. Tom Robbins' style and wit totally changed the way I looked at reading...and writing for that matter. I enjoy it to this day. I like his other books as well, but this was the first of his that I read and it holds a special place in my heart.

No comments: