Thursday, January 7, 2010

Some of My Baggage is Actual Baggage

I was trying to think of what to write about today, so when I was unable to find any scary angst or secret urges to catalog my most current activities, I consulted the Eclectic Calendar.  Today's Taraday is supposed to be about showing a picture of the inside of your clothes closet.  As usual, I had not planned ahead, so I have no picture of that little treat.  But tomorrow's Taraday is about showing or talking about the contents of your purse.  Hey, I can do that!  So, here.  Have a look. 

Here is my regular purse.  I've been carrying this same one for nearly a year now, come to think of it. 
It isn't too large and I wear it bandolier style and off we go.


I sat down and emptied it out on my desk.  Nothing humiliating, yay!  Let's see...little ibuprophen container, scrunchy, wallet, Altoids, note paper, daughter's spare car key, card carrier, Starbucks gift card, hardware store coupon, pay stubs, checks (which I pretty much only use now for rent payment).


This is what I call my baglady bag.  I don't have it everywhere I go,
but I do usually carry it back and forth between work and home.


The inside is a deep, dark mess.  There is always a book or two in there...sometimes mail
or other paperwork...a notebook for those special inspirational moments, um....
random little snacks (for my grandkids!  Really!  haha! )...a bag with some grooming items...
and that is all I could actually name without going excavating.  No spelunking today :-)

I hope you have enjoyed this look at the actual baggage that I bring to the table.  Not nearly as tedious as the baggage in my head, right?  What's in your bag, baby?

7 comments:

MrManuel said...

I have nothing in my purse, just sayin'

Tara said...

Yay! Thanks for consulting the Magic 8 Ball....er...Calendar. :D

Scrunchies - don't leave home without them. I have tons of Scrunchies but can only find one.

When I get home from work today I'll catch up on the holidays and take a photo of my closet and my cluttered purse!

laura b. said...

MrManuel: Do you ever kind of wish you could carry a little purse? I mean, they are kind of handy...

Tara: Love, love, love the calendar! Can't wait to see your things :-)

Sebastien Millon said...

haha, laughed at that nothing humiliating, yay! sentence. Hilarious!

You should have 3 firearms in your bag. I mean, you are the guardian of the library and you have to deal with little kids. Kids understand firearms. They respect them. Yo.

laura b. said...

Sebastien: haha! Firearms scare me. I know if I pulled one on the kids they would swarm me and wrestle it away and use it against me. I saw it in a dream.

Churlita said...

I have lots of vitamin supplements and some migraine meds in my back. There is the sound of pill jangling when I walk.

laura b. said...

Churlita: I get that rattling sound from the Mike & Ikes in my baglady bag!