Tuesday, June 5, 2007

The Most Important Meal of the Day

Breakfast has quite a reputation to uphold! We are literally breaking our nightlong fast with a delicious, nutritious meal...in theory. I often skip breakfast, or have coffee in lieu of breakfast. At Eclectic Spaghetti breakfast is being honored. We are asked to consider our three favorite breakfasts and to name today's honoree. So, I give you....
l.b.'s Top Three Breakfasts
1. Eggs Benedict
2. Syrupy pancakes with a side of very crispy bacon
3. Biscuits and gravy

Today's Honoree
A fresh strawberry donut from The Donut Man. With strong black coffee.

This is not my typical fare. It is usually, as I said, just the coffee. Today a special treat was brought in for the trodden masses during the Staff Meeting. I didn't actually attend this particular meeting, as I was watching the dancing Condors. However, believe it or not, there were donuts left by the time I wandered in! Donuts without the meeting! Yessssss!!!!! You have to understand how good these donuts are. See, they cut open a fat glazed donut and sort of stuff these whole glaze covered strawberries in there. It is like the most perfect food ever. And that was my breakfast.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

donuts are a very good thing. The old round food group does it for me as breakfast, a snack, or a late nite craving.

Tara said...

That donut looks really good. They bought a box of donuts for us when we were taking a CPR class a few weeks ago. I just remembered that I never did get one of those donuts! I meant to pick one up afterwards, but was distracted by our company's cookout food.

Now I'm hungry for syrupy pancakes and sausage gravy over biscuits.

Rachel said...

That looks phenomenal. I might have to make my own donut/strawberry delight.

laura b. said...

Evil-E: They are a well rounded meal. Man, I am sooooo lame!

Tara: Never let yourself be distracted from the donut! haha! I got hungry after all the food talk yesterday too...and that was even with that giant donut in my belly!

Rachel: Definitely do it. You won't be sorry.