Thursday, December 8, 2005

Party On, You Funky City Employees!

This evening is the city's holiday dinner. Every year about this time we get together in the big room at the Community Center, eat an adequate catered meal, sit around gazing at our raffle tickets, hoping to take something home, and watching service awards being handed out. Yes, it is just as fun as it sounds. Well, you know, it is nice to get together with all the other city departments. I still find policemen and firemen sort of thrilling.
Aside from that, not much to report. I am feeling cold in this building and it is making me want to hibernate.
Also, the Swordsman sent me this short story to edit and told me not to be namby pamby and approving. Um, well, I wasn't. I hope he can take constructive criticism. He is a good writer, but this particular piece needed lots of work. I'm anxious to see how he accepts my remarks and suggestions.

No comments: